Sunday, December 21, 2008

Over the Rhine

Over the Rhine is my favorite band - I mean, let's just get that out there right now. I've seen them several times and each time, Karin and Linford wow me with something new. Over the weekend Blinn and I got to see them down in Cincy for their annual Christmas show at Taft Theatre. It was great.

I cried through some of the songs because of their sheer vulnerability and the beauty of the music. And then I cried through some of the songs because I was missing my baby boy.

This is from one of the songs they sang that was just raw and real. The song is called "Professional Daydreamer" and these lyrics in particular ring true for how I'm feeling this afternoon.

Broken down
We're all so broken down
Bandages on our wings
I know I don't have to tell you
Only broken hearts can sing
I'm hoping for a sign
Pray that I'm anything but fine

No comments:

Post a Comment