Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Sigur Ros

I usually have the ipod on shuffle while I walk to/from work and today was no exception. A little over half way through my walk, track three from Sigur Ros' ( ) album came on. I love it. As I continued to walk and then had to wait for the light to change at what is probably the busiest intersection on campus, the music was swelling, the breeze was blowing sweet spring smells, and I started to be taken over by the sheer beauty of the music. I started to think about how soothing it might be to have Sigur Ros playing while in labor or as a lullaby for my child... then I began to weep over the child that I lost, the void that will never be filled, the ache that will forever linger. I cried as I crossed the street and walked up to my building. So much was going on in my head and my heart in such a short period of time. I'm glad that I had to wait for the light to change so that everything could catch up to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment