Monday, September 27, 2010

Baby food

Broccoli, Great Northern Beans, green beans,
sweet peas, carrots, blueberries, peaches, sweet corn

It just so happens that I really enjoy making ZJ's baby food. Granted, "making" it usually consists of cooking a food and pureeing it at most, but I'm still the one responsible for what goes into her mouth and I really like having control over that. Its appalling to me how many baby food companies end up putting filler into their product to make foods taste sweeter or last longer or look more appealing to the eye. There ain't no fillers here!

Every couple weeks I'll set aside a day or two of my week to do lots of pureeing and food prep for Zachari. She's often in the kitchen with me while I work and watches from her stroller the Bumbo chair or her high chair and takes note of each step. I hope that some day I'll have a handy little helper in the kitchen, I'm excited for the day she pulls a chair up and helps me prepare things for our family.

Until then though, its just me and my food processor. Crazy how one little baby can quickly take up an entire refrigerator shelf (and lots more space in the freezer)!

No comments:

Post a Comment