Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Fall favorites

On a crisp walk to Panera with my girl today I started listing off some of fall favorites in my head. While I absolutely love late spring and summers are great, in the last couple of years its been fall that I've enjoyed the most. I'm so thankful that this year I get to enjoy it to the fullest being home with ZJ and getting to go on outings whenever the mood strikes.

Today I pointed out all of the trees' leaves changing colors. Zachari didn't seem too enthused, but I really enjoyed it. Here's a tree we can see from our backyard and I think this is the first year I've noticed how magnificent it is.

This was taken at a cemetery in Findlay, OH that was too beautiful to pass up on a drive last fall. Yes, I asked Blinn to pull over so I could hop out and take pictures and actually, I'm glad I did!
Its so fun that my boy enjoys fall as much as - if not more than - me. Here he is with a free candy apple we scored at a posh market in Royal Oak, MI last fall. He was ecstatic about the treat and chomped down on it in the parking lot!

So I've only been to Boston in the fall once, but it was faaaaaantastic! The Boston Public Gardens was breathtaking and being in a naturey place amidst the skyscrapers and character of the city was sweet. I'd go back in a heartbeat. Yeah, I think about it more than I probably should...
I've really been enjoying fall meals lately and cooking with foods that are in season. I have a long way to go, but it feels like with the passing of each month I understand more and more what it means to eat the crops that are available to you. Now, come January when its all potatoes, meat and parsnips, I'll probably be singin a different tune!

My girl in her BabyLegs is super cute. Leg-warmer weather is a plus about fall. The day starts out chilly, put em on. Things warm up in the afternoon, take em off - so easy!

This is by no means an exhaustive list. I mean, there's fall candles, fall festivals, sunsets in fields where the goods have just been harvested, Blinntoberfest! (maybe there will be photos of that at a later time), and lots more. I hear my baby girl waking up from her nap now so this is it for now. We're gonna go enjoy walk number two of the day - this time to the Post Office!


















No comments:

Post a Comment