Thursday, December 30, 2010

Hurrah!!!!

I don't have to pump and dump anymore, its okay to breastfeed while on these meds!

Oh goodness, I am so so so so so so so happy about this! A few minutes ago I got a call from one of the hospital's lactation consultants and when I answered the phone the first thing she said was "Stop pumping and dumping! You're okay." We went over the specifics of the two new drugs I'm on and continuing to breastfeed while on them is fine. I poured about 21 precious ounces of my milk down the drain over the last 25 hours, but no more!

I'm relieved, truly relieved and a weight has been lifted from my shoulders. I felt like so much was on hold for the next few days and like I couldn't truly connect with my daughter. I was edgy and frazzled, but its a-ma-zing how much better I feel this second.

Baby Girl, Mama's comin' (as soon as you're up from your nap). I've missed you, sweetheart.

No comments:

Post a Comment