Saturday, January 1, 2011

A new year

2011.

I don't like the sound of this new year or the look of it. My type-A side liked the rounded out look and sound of 2010. I guess I'll get over it, I'm just sayin'.

What an attachment I had to the last year of life. I don't think I've ever been sad to see a year come to an end in the ways that I've been sad this week. Its not the kind of sadness that makes me cry and hole up in the house, but rather a sentimental feeling I have. I started out the year with a wee beeb in my womb and then I brought her out into this world. Huge stuff! My world was turned upside down in the most challenging, humbling, stretching, beautiful ways in 2010. I'm hopeful for what is to come and I'm curious about what special things this year will bring.

I'm extra thankful for life today.

No comments:

Post a Comment