Saturday, February 5, 2011

Birthday Party! - Volume 4: Food & decorations

I had a ball making everything from scratch for Little Miss and her guests!


Two-layer chocolate cake with vanilla buttercream frosting
Homemade chocolate peanut butter cups (aka Reece's Cups!), thanks Sara!and Chocolate Chip Cookies
My aunt Carla provided beautiful vegetable and fruit platters and Dad and Sherry brought tasty tortilla chips with spicy salsa. We definitely had enough food to go around and it was all so tasty!

You know what was even more fun than making lots of food? Making decorations! One time Blinn said "I think God gave us a baby girl just so you could use all your girly creativity on her." I don't think there's much truth in that statement, but I sure am loving letting my girliness blossom a little more because of this sweet child!




1 comment:

  1. Ohmygosh...where to begin?! That cake looks divine and if it tastes half as good as it looks, I'm sure it was a smashing success!! The garland is a-freaking-mazing! I've seen versions of it in crafy magazines but yours looks way, way adorable. And the b-day/name banners - was that your own amazing, font-like handwriting?! LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete