Saturday, November 26, 2011

Thanksgiving weekend ramblings

I am thankful. All week long I've had such good intentions about stopping to reflect on the last year and really give thanks. I've done a decent job about it, but getting to jot everything down hasn't exactly happened. 


Waking up so early on Tuesday morning was so good for me. The time alone, the stillness and silence at the break of day, sipping coffee slowly, showering at my own pace... I am thankful for these things. 


Our Thanksgiving weekend has been good, not too full or rushed which is a nice change. I'm thankful to live in Columbus for the holidays this year. Really thankful to get to celebrate with the MacCaugheys again too. What a dear friend I have in so many of them, but especially Bekah. Our relationship has greatly benefitted by our move and I'm so happy about that. Kristina and I continue to deepen our friendship and I'm loving that as well. Her sweet family of four is a gift to the ones I share a home with. I am blessed with rich friendships, no doubt about that. 


My BG years have come and gone, but at times I do really miss them. I learned a lot about myself in that town. I became a wife and mother there. I am thankful for the four years we were given in Bowling Green and for the chance to make a home out of our first house together. The few friends I made there are special ones and have been gifts to me. 


Good foods, good drinks, excellent company, nice weather, good health, gifts a-plenty. This has been a weekend to give thanks indeed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment