Sunday, January 1, 2012

A beautiful new year

An impromptu evening with Kristina and Aaron MacCaughey (and their littles, for a short time) playing games, enjoying fine foods and drinks, laughing, crying, praying, sharing, growing. Aaron read this from Celtic Daily Prayer in the first couple minutes of the new year and it was beautiful. Olafur Arnalds' music was playing in the background and the moment was absolutely perfect. 


The opening door


This day is a new day
that has never been before. 
This year is a new year, 
the opening door. 


Enter, Lord Christ -
we have joy in Your coming. 
You have given us life;
and we welcome Your coming. 


I turn now to face You, 
I lift up my eyes. 
Be blessing my face, Lord;
be blessing my eyes.
May all my eye looks on
be blessed and be bright,
my neighbours, my loved ones
be blessed in Your sight.


You have given us life
and we welcome Your coming. 
Be with us, Lord, 
we have joy, we have joy.
This year is a new year,
the opening door.
Be with us, Lord, 
we have joy, we have joy. 



2012, I welcome you. 
January, I welcome you. 
Jesus, I welcome you.

1 comment: