Friday, January 6, 2012

Free things

This morning my girl and I spent a couple hours at the library and that place is probably my favorite free "thing". I can not understand people who don't take full advantage of their local libraries or even more mind boggling, those who never even get a library card to begin with! In Columbus, each cardholder is allowed to check out 50 books at a time and you better believe that I often check out that many! Zachari loves to read. She loves having books read to her, reading books to herself, and going to the library to find new books so getting 50 things is really easy to do. The Letter a Week series I've been doing has been made possible by the library which has been wonderful. Geeky as it might be, maybe I should get one of these pins to wear around because yes indeed, I love my library!


I'm also a big fan of the free publications that Columbus has to offer. 614 Magazine, The Other Paper, Columbus Alive, stuff about The Wexner Center, my newest favorite, Edible Columbus etc. are things that I regularly hunt down throughout the city. I not only get caught up on things happening around town, but most give weekly/ monthly calendars with things to do and if they're free, I'm there! 


Yesterday I met someone who gifted me with one of those large blue Ikea bags nearly full of books that I get to keep! I haven't had the chance to leaf through everything yet, but what an amazing gift! 


I could go on and on, but I won't. I was just feeling pretty blessed today that I have a wonderful library system at my fingertips, generous people around me who want to see me learn and expand my horizons, and I'm fortunate to live in a country where I'm free loved by a One who IS freedom. Those are all pretty fabulous gifts, if you ask me.

No comments:

Post a Comment