Sunday, December 9, 2012

Rainman moments

Zachari Jane is a smart girl, yes. But sometimes... sometimes too often, the girl is almost too smart for her own good!

Today she was in bed with Blinn and I for nap time and I looked to him and said "I'd really like an s-n-a-c-k, but I'm too lazy to get up." (Yes, its true.) Zachari perked up and said "Oh, can I have some too?!" Blinn and I looked at each other, smirked a little and I said "Can you have some of what too, Zachari?" And in her total matter of fact way, she shrugged her shoulders and said "A snack, mama!" Blinn and I laughed out loud. There's no way she actually knew what I had just spelled. It was a crazy guess, right?

Then, to test the waters a bit, I said "I'd also really like a d-r-i-n-k." and Blinn said asked Zachari what those letters meant. She giggled and said "Drink!" Blinn and I burst out laughing, our eyes all huge with amazement. Do we have a Rainman child on our hands? Probably not, but geez, the girl sure keeps us on our toes!

This is definitely one of those things to remember and if she does turn out to be some sorta genius down the road, this will be proof of her brillance early on in life. 

I love my cooky girl so much! 




No comments:

Post a Comment