Saturday, March 22, 2014

Three little letters

I did it. 
I passed all of the competencies necessary to become a Certified Lactation Counselor. 
Now I get to put three little letters after my name: CLC... I couldn't be more happy about it!

I expected to hear from the ALPP 6-8 weeks after my training was over. Its what they prepared us for, I chose to lean towards the latter part of that time frame so I wouldn't be obsessively checking the mailbox before then. And then, I just forgot. Sure, it was in the back of my mind that I hadn't found out yet, but I went on about life and didn't focus on the packet I hoped for in the mail. 

And then yesterday, at just the five week mark, the packet came and it contained the most wonderful-head-into-the-weekend-on-a-sunny-day kind of news! I'm still in a little disbelief, but more than anything, I am so so so so thankful. Thankful that the signs God was giving me as I made the decision to take the training were legit, not all in my head. Thankful for the incredible friends and sister-in-law that I have that helped fund the training. Thankful for the encouragement, prayers, words of affirmation and love that I received in the weeks leading up to and throughout that week of training. Thank. Full.

Now begins the somewhat dizzying process of trying to figure out just what I can do as a CLC and then gaining the necessary confidence to do it. I am up for the challenge, I know this is the route I'm supposed to be taking. I can confidently say that the prodding I've been receiving from God sits well with my soul and I'm sure that through Him, I will get to do great things. 

Ahhhh! I did it! I'm so happy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment