Wednesday, January 9, 2008

New year, new life

I’ve been on the fence for the last couple of months about whether or not to start blogging again, but with this post I guess I’ve made my decision. Helluary is upon us and for the last few years the first month of the year has really earned its nickname, this year was no exception. Lots of tragedy and death in our area, cancer scares in the lives of some we know and gray, cold days… until early this week.

On Sunday the temperature was in the upper 50’s with sunny skies and a gentle breeze that teased us with the taste of spring. The day that followed was even better and more out of character for this winter month. The high was nearly 70 degrees and the sun was warm on my face. No one was wearing coats, Blinn got to wear his Birks without wool socks and sunglasses were worn because it was actually sunny, not because the snow on the ground was too bright for our eyes.

And then, after a total of 6 hours in the car, a lot of waiting and lots of good time with friends I was present for the birth of a new life. At 5:45 a.m. on Monday, January 7, 2008 I saw Francis Xavier Meyers make his way into the world and it was absolutely the most amazing, powerful, naturally beautiful thing I have ever seen. I’ve been trying to process everything for the last three days and there’s simply no way to put such an experience into words in a way that will do it justice. I can’t thank Kelsie and Kyle enough for letting me share in such a profound and life-changing moment. Kelsie gave me one of the greatest gifts one person can bestow upon another and for that I will forever feel linked to her in a very supernatural, other-worldly type of way.

If this little guy isn’t a reason to have joy and hope for what is to come, I don’t know what is.

Welcome to the world Baby Meyers. The Blinns love you already and we are excited to be a part of your life for many years to come. Congratulations once again K & K. We love you guys a lot too.


No comments:

Post a Comment