Saturday, September 11, 2010

Raymond Matthew Blinn

I have an amazing husband. By definition, the word amazing is described in this way: "Causing great surprise or wonder, astonishing, startlingly impressive." and well, he is all of those things. I'm constantly in awe of his patience, peacefulness, love and generosity. He is a magnificent caretaker and cares for me in a way that is selfless. I don't deserve him. Really, I don't.

If I start to freak out about money, he puts things into perspective and reminds me that our needs are (more than) met and we'll be okay. If I'm scared, he calms my fears. If I'm stressed, he calms me down. He makes me smile every day, he makes me laugh, he tells me I'm beautiful... and get this: sometimes I actually believe him! He makes me coffee every day, he takes out the trash, helps with laundry, cares for the dog, cleans the windows, vacuums the floor, scrubs the shower, cooks me meals, buys the groceries, prays for me, helps me with computer issues, gifts me with beautiful photos of our daughter, leaves me love notes, holds my hand, kisses my forehead, protects me, serves me, honors me, respects me... The list goes on and on. I am blessed and yet, the word 'blessed' just doesn't seem adequate right now.

There hasn't been anything special about today or this week that's making me want to write all of this down, its just important for me to remember. I don't want to take him for granted, I know I already have more times than I care to admit. Not everyone is as fortunate as I am, I know that. I am so in love with my Matty Boy and I feel privileged to call him mine.


One of my favorite pictures, Boston, November, 2008.
He's hot and doesn't even know it. I love that about him.

Even when he's worn out, he makes time for our baby girl each day.
She loves him. He loves her. And though you can't tell from this photo,
Papa and Daughter are enamored with one another.

No comments:

Post a Comment