Friday, September 3, 2010

Reflections on Motherhood

I found this on the Mothering Magazine site today and I want to post it here so I remember. Who knows how long this YouTube video will be up and running, but a long time I hope. I'd love to pass it on to my daughter when she becomes a mama. Its worth shutting out your responsibilities and the other people in your life for the less-than four minutes it'll take to watch this video. I'm confident that at least one thought will strike a chord with each mother. In no particular order, here's just a few that stood out to me:

Its okay to be scared
Trust your instincts
You will miss your mom
Real men change diapers
Take time to fall in love with your baby
Its okay to want a break
Your mom was right
No one really knows what they're doing
Imperfect is the new perfect
Millions of people survive sleep deprivation
You're about to know true love




No comments:

Post a Comment