Thursday, November 11, 2010

A day away

Thankfully, BGSU gives it's employees Veteran's Day off each year. Each year Blinn and I have taken advantage of the bonus free day and have escaped this town. The first year, a bed and breakfast in Traverse City, two years ago, a long weekend in Rhode Island and Boston, last year just a day trip to Ann Arbor and this year... well this year we planned just to stay home and enjoy the day from 215 Byall Avenue. But! As Blinn and I were enjoying our morning coffee together today, we both shared that we wanted to get out of town and decided that a spontaneous trip back up to Ann Arbor was in order! You would've thought my boy told me we were going on a cruise or backpacking across Europe - I was so excited that he and I were on the same page and wanted to get the heck outta Dodge for a while. We ate a simple lunch at home, packed up Baby Girl and as she took her afternoon nap, we headed north to the city that has helped us stay sane while living in Bowling Green.

There wasn't anything fancy about the day. I think we spent a total of around $50 the whole day including gas for the car, a treat from our favorite coffee shop, and dinner at a local brewery. I didn't realize it, but I was really in need of a day to reconnect with my husband and feel connected as a family. Blinn's worked a lot lately and he does it with incredible grace, cheer and determination, but his absence throughout the week affects me. He's my favorite one to be with and today, it just felt really good to be with him and our daughter with no agenda, no cares in the world. This day was excellent, exactly what I didn't know I needed.

And now, some pictures from the day. The sun was shining, the temperature was around 60˚... such a gift!








No comments:

Post a Comment