Wednesday, February 9, 2011

365 days

Today is the one year mark. ZJ has been home with her mama and papa for a full 365 days! Her entrance into the world was a little earlier than she was planning on and as a result, she spent a week in the NICU. The day we brought her home though, was bliss. We hurried out of the St. V's drop-off area, anxious to get home before the snow storm got any worse. A drive that would've normally taken about half an hour, took us closer to an hour because the roads were bad and we were taking every precaution necessary to get Baby Girl home safe and sound. I sat in the backseat with her, watching her every move. Blinn would check in on us from the rearview mirror and ask for updates every few minutes. She, of course, slept through the whole thing. We just loved being able to see her wiggle and breathe and sleep peacefully with us, not in the confines of the hospital.

I haven't spent a night away from my sweet girl since the day we brought her home and I'm not all that antsy to any time soon. If it were up to me, she'd still be tucked away next to me in the co-sleeper and we'd share the family bed from time to time. She called the shots early on though and decided to make the move to her own room and its been a peaceful coexistence with a wall between us ever since.

And now, for memory's sake, here are a couple shots of us with our girl on this date a year ago.


Rocking her in the NICU for the last time after finding out that TODAY was the day! 
The smile on my face doesn't do justice to the giddiness and relief that was inside of me.


We're home! It was freezing, snowing and blowing, but you know I had to snap a quick photo! 
Don't let Blinn's fake smile deceive you. He was thrilled to have Zachari home, 
but not so thrilled about me taking the photo.

The first feeding at home. So precious.


This shot and the one right before it were taken with my crappy point-and-shoot camera, hence the poor quality. 
But I have to share this photo. She was so teeny tiny and this 
was the most effective way for us to burp her. My goodness, how things change!

No comments:

Post a Comment