Friday, February 10, 2012

Coffee dates

Last month we added something to our weekly routine as a family: coffee dates with Papa before he goes to work. We got the idea from my sister-in-law who makes a daily Starbucks run with her husband and daughter. We won't be doing that - too expensive, too corporate (ha ha), but the places we've visited so far have been great. If Columbus has one thing, its places to get coffee so we're gonna get the chance to try a new place each time for quite a while.


Today we went to Cafe Brioso, one of our top three coffee shops in Columbus and it sure didn't disappoint. A Vienna roast coffee and an apple-cinnamon scone for Matt, a vanilla latte that hit. the. spot. and a jalepeno-cheddar scone for me, and a bagel with  water for Baby Girl. We were one happy family... despite the expression on the faces of these two.


I'm thankful for these little pleasures in life and for the chance to stop and enjoy a slow moment with my boy and my girl. Thank goodness its Friday, I'm ready for some down time with them!

No comments:

Post a Comment