Friday, June 29, 2012

Little One Letter #5


Little One Letter #5

Well babe, all of our friends and family know that you’re on the way and it feels wonderful not to be carrying around the secret anymore! There are a few people who will find out through the grapevine I’m sure, but for the most part, we’ve gotten to tell everyone about you and what joy its brought us! Your sister has done much of the news-sharing telling people “There’s a baby in my mama’s womb!” Unfortunately, no one expects a two year old to know the word womb, let alone use it appropriately and so most people thought she was rambling on about having a baby in her mama’s room or something like that. Poor girl got pretty frustrated with things at times and would often shout the news, trying to make herself clearer. It wasn’t until we told Kelsie Meyers (of course) that someone actually understood Zachari’s message.

The first trimester continues on and you’ve been pretty good to me. In the last week or so though, these three things have been the very last on my list of priorities: cleaning the house, grocery shopping, and cooking for our family. You’ll soon learn that I really enjoy a tidy, clean house, but lately I have no interest in doing anything to make that a reality. Included in this is also laundry-doing. I just hate it right now. This must change soon. Also, you’ll learn that I like to cook, but its been quite the opposite ‘round here lately. Some days, its all I can do to feed myself something healthy and get some food into your sister’s belly. I blame it on fatigue. However, this too shall pass. It’s a lot of work to grow you, ya know! “Work” that I absolutely adore, of course. What a gift I’ve been given to be your mama and carry you from the life you currently live to the life where we’ll all get to see your sweet face.

In these letters I think I talk a lot about your big sister, but now I want to focus on the incredible father you have. This week I’ve been very moved by all that he does for our family and its not that this week has been out of the ordinary, I’ve just made the time to truly see him. As I type this he's in his twelfth straight hour of work because earlier tonight we were hit with a pretty bad rain and wind storm. Do you think he's complaining about a long day with no end in sight? Do you think he's a grumpy about not getting to be home on a Friday night relaxing with his family? Nope. He's just going about things as normal and is working hard to get the job done. He's always like this and it amazes me and his coworkers alike. He does such a good job providing for our little family and not just monetarily, but in every way. He's been my nurse, my confidant, my counselor, the cook and maid and gardner at home, a diaper-changer, baby-lovin man month after month, year after year and he does it with such grace and love. Sometimes I wonder if when I go on and on about your papa others think I'm just embellishing things because surely there's no man as wonderful as him in real life. Think again, people! There IS a man as wonderful and he happens to be MY husband and the marvelous father of my children and I am remarkably blessed. When you meet him, Little One, you'll fall in love and you'll immediately see that all I'm saying is fitting. I'm a girl in love with the one I married and its my hope that every day of your life you'll grow up knowing that in the deepest parts of your soul. Everyone deserves to be raised in an environment where two parents love each other openly and express that sacred love to their children. I just hope your papa and I are able to teach you that firsthand. 

I love you, baby. Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment