Wednesday, September 19, 2012

A good sleeper

I'm trying to be better about writing in the good times as well as the bad. I don't need to be so much in my head and processing things on this blog. So today, a simple and happy post!

I'm thankful that Zachari Jane is a GOOD sleeper. Lord knows this has not always been the case for her. Things started out pretty good and then when she neared 6 months old, we hit a rocky patch for several weeks. Then there was the time at 19 months she decided to quit taking naps all together - cold turkey for 5 months straight. That was fun. But now its been almost 3 hours since she went down for Quiet Time (that she insisted she didn't want, by the way) and if tonight's anything like most nights, she'll go to bed with ease by 9. And the girl sleeps anywhere from 11 to 13 hours straight from whenever we put her down for the night. Insane, I know! I am incredibly blessed and remind myself often that this is a gift. A gift not only for me and her papa, but for her because she obviously needs the rest!

Little One will be here in a few more months and we'll begin the sleep battles all over again. I'm praying that Zachari doesn't regress too much in this area, but I know that if she does, she'll be just like many older siblings her age. As for the babe, I'm also praying that he or she is a good sleeper because let's be honest, this mama likes to sleep and a well-rested Kelli is best for the Blinn family. I will try though, if my children are not good sleepers in the future, to remember sweet afternoons like this one and complain only a minimal amount about my sleep deprivation. Many have it much worse than me and if they can deal, so can I. 

No comments:

Post a Comment