Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Things to remember

Zachari Jane is full of life, beauty and an extra helping of s-a-s-s! There are lots of things to remember about this stage in her journey, first and foremost being how thankful I am that she is my sweet little girl. We recently watched the video from her first birthday party and I welled up a bit realizing that the tiny little lady that I held so close is now so big and growing up so quickly. Its amazing how time truly does fly. 
  • "yogit" is how she says yoga and apparently, boys don't do it, only girls!
  • She's afraid of monsters and I really don't know where that fear came from. We've made a sign for her bedroom door that says NO MONSTERS and that seems to have helped calm her at night time. That, and her papa's reassurance, of course.
  • On March 23rd she started her first dance class, a 45 minute ballet-tap combo with an excellent teacher and 10 girls ages 3-5 years old. She refuses to participate  but we have a few weeks left, so I'm hopeful that she'll warm to the idea soon. 
  • Zachari doesn't go to Sunday school very often these days and the reason why varies from week to week. Thankfully, she's always been pretty good in all-adult settings and she behaves throughout the service. 
  • One of her favorite things to do outdoors these days is to use our sidewalk as a stage. J and I sit on the steps and she performs songs she makes up, moves she's learned in dance class or whatever else she comes up with on the fly. Its pretty darn cute and I love her boldness as all the world could be watching her antics and she could care less!
  • Everything is related to Cinderella in some way or another! If she sees a girl wearing a blue dress, its because she's being like Cinderella. She wants to wear Cinderella underwear daily and since we only have two pairs, that just doesn't fly. She sings the songs, she plays Cinderella with her dolls, its too cute. 
  • Matt's been working on projects downstairs and she's recently learned the word "circus-all saw", or in layman's terms, circular saw.
  • Two words that make me chuckle: "shandaleen" is chandelier and "constructions" are instructions. 
  • One of my favorite things about her right now is when she plops down and says "Let's talk about when I get bigger, Mama!" From there we each take a turn talking about things she can do when she gets older. We talk about things she'll get to help out with as Jonathan grows up, when she can paint her nails or get her ears "peered" (pierced). Its precious and I hope I always remember these moments because before I know it, she'll be bigger and actually doing all the stuff we've been dreaming for her sweet little life. 
She continues to keep us on our toes and many days, she triiiiiiies my patience like none other, but I love her. I love her the way she is and I wouldn't trade her for the world. Zachari Jane Blinn, you are a gift and I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment