Friday, July 26, 2013

Things to Remember

Zachari Jane Blinn is always a ball of surprise. Sometimes the surprise comes in the form of an out-of-the-blue temper tantrum where I totally lose my cool and scream back at her as she's yelling at me. Sometimes the surprise comes in her sweet nature with the elderly and her care for our neighbors on Deming Avenue. And then many times, her surprises come in the form of humor and she cracks me up! We've had two of these very funny moments in the last week that I want to remember. 

  • A few days ago we were driving around in the car and I decided I wanted to pray. There wasn't anything wrong, I wasn't feeling at my whit's end, I just thought it would be good to pray on the spot more often. So I said "Zachari, I'm gonna pray right now. Do you want to pray with me? Her response was "WHY? Its not time for bed and its not time to eat!" I giggled a bit to myself, but was also sad that she thought those were the only times to pray. I told her I thought it would be nice to pray together any time and she said "Well, is someone sick?" Grrr! All the more reason for us to pray together regularly, I thought! I explained my motives a bit more and she sighed and said "Ugh, okay I'll pray, but I'm not gonna say anything. You say it all!" And I did. And she said amen with me. Baby steps, right?!
  • Yesterday we were in the car again and I out loud said "Thank you Jesus for this beautiful day!" There was silence for a few seconds and then from the backseat I hear, in a toddler's version of a deep voice: "You're welcome!" I turned back to look at Z and she had a big old smile. I started cracking up. Then she said "And I died! ... but I'm coming back, so I'll see ya soon!" Hilarious girl! She was pretending to be God responding to my giving thanks for the beautiful day and it was freaking adorable and hysterically funny and a moment I want to remember for a really long time!
She's precious. I'm really glad I have her in my life. 




No comments:

Post a Comment