Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Birthday date

Today The Boy and I got a few hours away from the littles (thanks to Lindsay) to enjoy an afternoon birthday date. The temperature was around 65˚ with a slight, cool breeze and a beautiful bright blue sky. The weather we've had this summer has been amazing. We started off super hot in May, but things have really cooled off and believe me, I am soaking. It. Up. 

Matt and I finally got over to The Crest which is just a few blocks from our house and always hoppin'. Gastropubs have become a fab in Columbus and The Crest is one of the finest ones, if you ask me. I enjoyed a perfect glass of riesling with my meal, but The Boy had a beer and loved it. I got the lamb burger for lunch. That's right, a burger made of lamb and it was fantastic! Topped with feta, onions, cukes, fresh mint and tzaziki sauce it was a culinary delight. I chose grilled zucchini for my side dish and it was actually a little too charred for my taste, but I had no problem devouring it anyway. Blinn got the standard beef burger topped with swiss and mushrooms and he enjoyed it with the hand-cut sweet potato fries. When it comes to being adventurous with food choices, I'm usually more likely to try something new and man, am I glad I did! We got to enjoy the day on the lovely patio and before leaving I took advantage of the complimentary cuppa joe being brewed by a Clintonville guy.



Mmm, I like us. ;) 


After lunch we went to the Gateway District and used a BOGO coupon to see The Wolverine. I still can't quite explain why I've gotten so into all the X-Men films, but I love em and to see this one on the big screen was a plus! We were the only peeps in the theater, it was strange, but also sort of nice. 

I love my husband and I love the dates we create for ourselves. This one happened to be one where we spent money, but often times no cash is exchanged at all. We've been part of each others' lives for ten years this fall and its hard to think of a time when he wasn't next to me, really. What a gift it is to have life... what a perfect gift it is to have life with Matthew Blinn by my side. 

Love you, sweet boy! I'm so glad we get to celebrate our birthdays together year after year!

No comments:

Post a Comment