Monday, December 2, 2013

30 days of thankful

This year we took time out of our busy days throughout the month of November to list things we're thankful for. Its the third year in a row we've done this as a family and its definitely become something I look forward to each time. I don't think we quite listed thirty things - one for each day of the month - but we did make time for gratitude and rejoicing in the blessings we've been given, no matter how small, trivial or mundane. I like how Zachari's lists change over the years. Here's what we shared in 2011 and this is from last year. 

+God, thank You for giving me a life so rich and sweet. I take far too many things for granted. Far too many people for granted. Heck, I take You and Your grace and all Your other goodness for granted. I want that to stop. Let thanksgiving - eucharisteo - be the cry of my heart and may words of appreciation be what first falls from my lips. Some day.+

Matt
Kelli's friendship
Saturdays with my family
My wife's great cooking
Kelli's passion to breastfeed our children
Zachari Jane

Zachari
Halloween & the Belle dress, Jon Jon, Papa and Mama
"I'm thankful for our food we eat on Thanksgiving: turkey, apple pie and candy." - 11/4/13
pumpkins, jack-o-lanterns and candy
Saturdays playing with Papa
"God and my princesses." - 11/5/13
my (stuffed) animals
my church class and preschool
"Sara Kear coming over for dinner." - 11/6/13
waffles

The things I'm thankful for
Mrs. Napoli, Mrs. Kurth and Overbrook Preschool
a state that has four beautiful seasons
dance parties with Jonathan and Zachari
Matt going to work so I can be home with my children
Kim, Carla and Maryke and a family who loves us
Apple Valley, MVNU, reunions, old friends, Joe Noonen
the entire MacCaughey family
coffee

No comments:

Post a Comment