Wednesday, May 14, 2014

The last day of school

Today marked the first last day of school that Zachari Jane will ever have. I can hardly believe it. One, because I swear it was just early September and she was starting preschool. And two, because its frickin May 14th and the year is already over? I am not happy about the length of the school year or all the snow days we had (and don't get reimbursed for or at the very least - get more days tacked onto the end of the year), but that's about all I have to complain about concerning our experience with Overbrook Preschool. 

The place is wonderful


We gave Mrs. Napoli and Mrs. Kurth some beautiful calla lilies as thank you gifts today and in their cards I wrote about how much Zachari's changed and how thankful I am that God placed her in their particular class. I couldn't have asked for more loving, patient, kind teachers to introduce Zachari to the classroom and school-like structure. She has flourished under their care and encouragement and they're going to make it really hard for any teachers next year to fill their shoes. 


I've been working on a 2014 Summer To Do List and since Z's officially on her summer vacation, I suppose its time to start checking things off! First up: Worthington's Touch-a-Truck on Friday morning. Both Zachari and Jonathan will have a blast!

And now to end this post, pictures... of course!


WHO is this girl? She looks so grown up!


They have my heart.


J and I arrived at school a little early so I could snap some pics of the daily routine like storytime. 
Left - Mrs. Tiffany Napoli, Right - Mrs. Katie Kurth. Such wonderful women!
To celebrate the momentous occasion we finally visited Sassafras Bakery in Worthington, a place Z and I tried to go to nearly a year ago! Even though there were so many months of anticipation, the bakery did not disappoint! The kiddos and I shared a snickerdoodle and an iced sugar cookie and because it was "happy hour", I got a free cuppa Brioso coffee to go. It was all fantastic. We were the only ones in the place, though the amount of cookie crumbs we left behind might've made you think otherwise. 

Walking back to the car I found a colorful bench on a brick wall which I thought would make a lovely backdrop for (another) photo session. These two hams didn't quite cheese for the Nikon like I would've liked, but the moments are fun to remember like this anyway!




No comments:

Post a Comment