Monday, November 22, 2010

Days go by

Two years ago on this date I realized that something was very wrong with my first pregnancy. Hours later I found myself in an ER learning for a fact what Blinn and I hoped was just a figment of our imagination: the baby I was carrying, our firstborn, was gone. No heartbeat. Little to no amniotic fluid. No movement. Nothing. The life I carried for those 27 weeks had tragically come to an end all too soon leaving us heartbroken, confused and without answers to quiet our racing minds.

Its Thanksgiving week and this year more than ever, I'm incredibly thankful for LIFE. I'm thankful that a year ago at this time I was happily moving through my second pregnancy carrying a healthy, active child who brought Blinn and I immense joy and peace. I'm thankful that in February that little life entered the world with a scream you could hear miles away. I'm thankful that today that little girl who came into the world weighing less than many items you find in the grocery store is upstairs sleeping peacefully. I'm thankful that today I know Love and Truth, Hope and Joy in ways I didn't even know existed.





No comments:

Post a Comment