Monday, November 1, 2010

Menu

Monday: Butternut Sage Orzo
Tuesday: Pork chops with roasted sweet potatoes & green beans
Wednesday: Potato Leek Soup & spinach salad (& Cranberry-Orange Oatmeal Cookies for dessert. Company's coming over!)
Thursday: Meatloaf, mashed sweet potatoes & lima beans
Friday: Chicken & Mushrooms with peas
Saturday: Stuffed Carnival Squash with salad

My first try at the Broccoli Gratin recipe from Simply in Season and was tasty! Sometime soon I want to modify it a bit and turn it into a chicken broccoli gratin casserole. Mm mm! The egg casserole? Disappointment! I haven't quite mastered breakfast casseroles, but I'm determined to keep trying because they're so dang good! Another disappointment was the chicken in the crock pot on Friday. I love knowing that the crock pot's doing my work all day long and then a timer goes off and its dinner time. I don't so much love when I've waited all day for something that's smelled so amazing to taste less than awesome. Oh well, live and learn. Here's to a more flavorful, successful week in the kitchen!




No comments:

Post a Comment