Sunday, November 14, 2010

Menu

Monday: Beans & Rice with sweet corn
Tuesday: Dinner at the Bells'
Wednesday: Stuffed Carnival Squash with Maple-Glazed Carrots
Thursday: Pork Apricot Skillet with peas
Friday: Pumpkin Sausage Pasta
Saturday: Lentils, beef & rice

The flounder was a flop, but probably because I accidentally charred the bread crumb coating that I was supposed to brown. Oops. It was the third time I made White Chicken Chili and I have to say I think it was the best round yet! I took it as our contribution to the soup, salad and bread night at Life Group and there wasn't a drop left! The lamb and lentil bowl was the idea of our houseguest, Bekah, and it was tasty. A very simple, relatively inexpensive meal that's good for you and is a slight change from the norm. We have extra dry lentils, hence lentils in the menu again this week. Sunday's pot roast was amazing! I forgot to thaw it out the day before so I looked online for ways to prepare frozen pot roast. Instead of using the crock pot I baked it in the oven for around 6 hours at 275˚ and it literally fell apart when the serving spoon touched it. I just might make pot roast that way all the time from now on! I think I said this last week, but I'm feeling rather uninspired in the kitchen lately. There's a Facebook group that I'm part of that's giving me new ideas though, so here's hoping this dry spell is a short one.

No comments:

Post a Comment