Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Little One Letter #3

Hi, Baby.


Things are going really well this week and I want to thank you for being so good to me. Aside from being the tiniest bit nauseous a couple of times and a couple of smell aversions that have come and gone, this first trimester has been good. Well, if you don't count the crazy fatigue I've experienced! But hey, I will not complain and really, I'd rather be tired than sickly any day. 


Next week we'll go to my OB's office and meet with my wonderful nurse midwife Emily. She'll make me pee in a cup to confirm the pregnancy (dumb!), weigh me, check my blood pressure and all that jazz and hopefully, we'll get to hear your sweet heartbeat. Your big sister will be with us for that appointment too and I'm sure she'll get a kick out of hearing you for the very first time. 


I love you so much already, Little One. You are being born into a family of loons, but we will love you the best we know how. Your father is incredible and I'm so excited to see you two fall in love with each other and form a special bond that's all your own. Your big sister will boss you around and try to mother you far beyond her years, but she'll teach you great things too. And then there's me. I'm just an average girl with a big heart for my children and the desire to raise you to be a loving, peace-making, kind person. Your Papa makes me a better mother and person in general, so be sure to thank him for that one day, okay?


We've only told a couple people that you're on the way, but plan to tell some people on Father's Day and in the weeks to come. I can't wait for you to be here and get to see your lovely face and share you with the world. 


Love you, 
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment