Saturday, September 22, 2012

Hazelnut coffee & a cinnamon roll

This very special moment has been in the works for more than a month. Blinn is camping in Zaleski with Josh Manson all weekend and once details were set for their getaway, I arranged details for a little "getaway" of my own. Half an hour ago Zachari drove away with Dad and Sherry and they'll be together for four hours. I've been looking forward to this quiet alone time for a while. 

I brewed a little pot of hazelnut coffee - a treat for me these days. Along with it (in my favorite mug, of course), I'm enjoying a reheated cinnamon roll that I picked up at Panera last night. Pandora's crankin' out tunes on the A.A. Bondy station, a scented candle is lit, and the front windows are cracked to let in the crisp fall air. Oh, and its the first day of fall!

What are my grand plans while alone? Being home, but doing nothing housework related and doing things I want to do. Its a goal to get Zachari's 200+ photos into an album (finally) before LIttle One's arrival so that's priority one. I also have my Bible open to Ephesians chapter one to prep for Tuesday night with the girls. I have catching up to do in my pregnancy journal and there's a couple craft magazines I'd like to go through, but I know my time will quickly run out. 

I have several friends who get time like this often. Their families (meaning their parents, mostly) actually want time with the grandkids and ask/offer to take them. I don't at all know what that's like, but I sure am glad I get to pretend like I do today.

I'm thankful for my sweet family and I lllllove them, but this time to myself is a gift. Funny how something as simple as a few hours alone and morning goodies can seem like a luxury. 

No comments:

Post a Comment