Thursday, February 28, 2013

The seven week turnaround

Breathe in, breathe out.

Things are better. Much better. 

Many people have told me - when Z was a newborn and then again with J - that the first six weeks are often the worst. You can be head over heels in love with your newborn one minute and the next minute, you're wondering WHY you had children in the first place and sort of wishing they were still inside of you. 

I get it now. 

Maybe I experienced this too with Zachari, but everything seems much more intense now. Perhaps its because I'm now the mama to two and perhaps I'm more sleep deprived this time around. Maybe I'm just older and can't bounce back as quickly. Maybe its because pretty much since Jonathan was a few days old Zachari Jane has been having awwwwwful nights. She throws tantrums at bedtime, in the middle of night, when she wakes up in the morning, at quiet time. She's voicing her opinions left and right these days and friend, it. is. maddening. She hasn't once taken out her issues on Baby Boy and for that I am very thankful. Matt and I though? We're gettin it all! I realize its normal because we've added a new person to her world and she's just three years old, but good Lord! 

In the last few days, however, things have turned around. I don't know what it is, maybe we've just gotten through the first rough patch of many? I'm thankful that things are slightly less hairy and a lot more peaceful. Here's to another seven week turnaround and then another and another, all good ones, of course!


No comments:

Post a Comment