Tuesday, March 19, 2013

What I accomplished today

There are far too many days where I crawl into bed and feel like I didn't get anything significant done around the house. I'm trying to learn that a long to-do list of chores to be done and errands needing to be run are not what is truly important. Are those the things that I'll look back on fondly in fifty years? Is that what I want my children to think of when they think back on these days? No. And yet, I am all too critical of what I do or don't get done in a twenty-four hour period. 

Today though, I accomplished a lot and I want to document it so that on future bad days I can see this and remember that there was once a time when I multitasked and I multitasked quite well. 

  • I not only took care of my two children, but an additional three kiddos. That's right - FIVE kids here all at once and for about two and a half hour it felt like a genuine daycare. All went surprisingly well too, until the last fifteen minutes or so. And even that wasn't awful.
  • I made lunch for four of the five kids, nursed J a time or two and started a quadruple batch of pizza dough in preparation for tomorrow night's dinner. Bam!
  • I started a load of laundry, got it into the dryer and actually folded a load!
  • I managed to eat lunch - while it was still hot - with a babe in the Ergo and I didn't even spill on his head this time!
  • After the additional small peeps left, I got Zachari down for a good nap, Jonathan napped for a while and I even got to sneak in a little rest. Amazing!
It might not seem all that glamorous a list to some, but to this tired mama, it kicks ass!

No comments:

Post a Comment