Wednesday, August 7, 2013

World Breastfeeding Week: Days 6 & 7

To close out the week of my breastfeeding-themed posts, a little encouragement to anyone reading this who needs a pat on the back. We mothers can be all too critical of one another far too often. I know I'm guilty of this. What we should be doing, is building each other up, walking along side of each other reminding each other of the good work we're doing raising these small people. Its hard no matter how you're doing it - formula feeding, pumping breast milk, nursing from the breast, giving your babe a little bit of both - and its important to do our best. Always.

I'm thankful for the women who have walked this path before me and for the love and encouragement they've given me. I'm looking forward to being one of those wise women for other friends in years to come too. Let go of guilt, mamas! Embrace some love and joy! Hooray for being a woman and bringing forth new life!

No comments:

Post a Comment