Monday, February 3, 2014

The best of my day

The best of my day today was the half hour I got to spend with Zachari and her preschool class this morning. They were celebrating her birthday and it was so special not only to be there to celebrate with them, but to see her in her little world with her friends doing her daily preschool routine. All the kids were in line to wash their hands with Jonathan and I got to the classroom. One by one they were cleaned, found a seat at the miniature tables and had to wait patiently for everyone to be seated so they could all sing to ZJ. She took a seat at the head of a table, J and I at her side, and Mrs. Kurth lit the four candles on the fake cake that every child celebrates with and all together, everyone sang praises over my girl. She seemed a little shy, but sort of like she loved the attention too. Ha! After all, it was day three in a row of birthday festivities and at least that many times had she been sung to! She blew out the candles, a picture was taken (see below) and then they all said prayers of thanksgiving before eating their snacks. Grape juice and two "blonde" Oreos for each child. Freaking adorable. After snack time we moved over to the carpet for a story about bears (the theme for the day) and to my surprise, Z wanted J and I to stick around for it. More than happy to, Girlie! After storytime we packed up and headed home for the day. Such a fine way to spend half an hour of my morning. So thankful for the chance to be home during the day to experience the little moments like this.

Zachari has grown up so fast. She's come so far since September 9th when she started at Overbrook. I'm so proud of her and our brief time together this morning was another reminder of how amazing she is. I didn't know I could love a little lady so much. But I do... man oh man, I do!


No comments:

Post a Comment