Thursday, February 20, 2014

Things I love about motherhood

Walking into the house with a baby who fell asleep in the car slung over my shoulder.

The fact that I get to know them like no one else does. These moments will be few. One day they won't be the most real with me, it will be with someone else. I cherish this time. 

Deciphering their little languages when most other people just hear jibberish. But rest assured, Babies, Mama gets you.

Cuddling that they'll only do with me. 

Hearing them giggle in the next room for hours. They play so well together and love each other so very much. Its so great that I don't have to be there with them every second, but they actually prefer time with just each other sometimes. 

The way their faces light up when I enter the room, especially after being away from them for a while. 

Little chats on the phone.

Dance parties. Each wee person has their own distinct moves and its so fun to watch them evolve over time.

Their hugs and kisses. 

Knowing when their cry is one of whining, being hurt, being really sad or fake. Not even Matt can tell all of their many cries apart at times (and I sort of like it that way).

Watching them sleep. 

Sleepy faces right after they've woken up.

The way I can calm their fears and soothe them when no one else in the entire world can help them.

The cling-around-Mama-so-tight-with-arms-and-legs-like-a-monkey. 

This list is nowhere near complete, but a few things that to 
mind this afternoon. What a gift it is to be someone's mother. Its not all roses or easy or fun, but today I'm choosing to remember the good stuff. The joy. The reasons I keep at it day after day. 






No comments:

Post a Comment