Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Jonathan: 19 months

Jonathan, You're changing so, so fast, my baby. Its lots of fun to live life with you and you're keeping all of us on your toes with your curiosity, cuteness and ornery nature. here's what you've been doing in the last month. 
  • Words you can say: keys, pee-pee = penis, I know!, I can do it too!, juice, buoy-bewies= blueberries (this is probably my favorite thing you say right now), cookie, pen, buckle, ice cube, paper, boppy=coffee, dinner, snack, cheers!, drink, sister, oatmeal, I did it!, book, cook, outside, open, hot, color, draw, "Dat?!" = "What's that?!" just to name a few. You're becoming more articulate with your speech and its amazing to watch you develop in this way. I remember being in awe of the process with Zachari too, but here I am - amazed all over again!
  • Somehow, you've learned what it is to tackle someone and you tackle your sister all the time. Crazy thing is, you both love it and Zachari even entices you to do it when you're busy doing other things. Whatever entertains you two!
  • On August 8th Papa was out of town overnight and so with Zachari and I, you sat on the couch and watched Brave. Not every second of it, but lots of it. I'm not sure if I'm happy about this or if I should forgo posting about it, but there it is. Second child, you've watched most of a Disney-Pixar film before the age of two. So different from your sis, but we're gonna roll with it.
  • You're a little monkey. You climb - all the time and now you enjoy climing on Papa's back to go places (and mine on occasion). Its pretty cute, I'm not gonna lie.
  • And soeaking of riding on backs, the Kelty carrier that we're borrowing from Aunt Lisa is incredible! You get so psyched when Papa mentions the word "backpack" or if you see it and you try your hardest to get in on your own when Papa's not moving fast enough for you. You ride in style, Buddy and you catch many a person's eye while doing so. You're so cool. 
  • Its summer and so we blow bubbles and man, are you into those!
  • A few days ago you found my inhaler on the nightstand and did your own interpretation of what its like to use one. Makes me sad that you and your sister have imitated me doing this at such young ages in your lives. One day I hope that I don't have those damn things lying around.
  • You've started going up the stairs standing vs. crawling. Its super fun to watch you work your way upwards, sometimes even struggling a bit, but you make it and you are so proud of yourself when you're done! I am too!
  • You're getting better about manner usage, but as with anything, we still have a ways to go. For instance, when you want something now, you'll say "Peez!"... but that's all you say! You say it kindly at first and the longer you go without getting what you want, the louder you get and the more desperately your arms flap towards the object of your desire.
  • You're saying thank you on your own once you get something or when we're leaving a friend's house and its so wonderful! Sometimes you even say it when you hand something to a person - okay!
Sweet Pea, you're a joy. Have you ever heard me say that about you? Your family loves you dearly and we're so thankful you're part of our day to day rhythm. Its been a great summer with you so mobile, curious and active!

August 2nd: Your first time in a bounce house at the Dekker boys' party.
You weren't convinced about its awesomeness like the bigger kids were.
August 11th. Z was away overnight and Papa and I showed you the cool walking bridge
at the new Hilton downtown. You were so impressed by all the busses and cars zooming
beneath our feet. Loved watching you light up.




Papa's birthday wish was a trip to Hocking Hills with the fam. Sis was sick that morning though,
so I stayed home with her and you got to hang with Papa all day long.
"A celery stick with my milky? Don't mind if I do!"
Tomato thief! You crawled up onto the table, helped yourself to the bowl with fruits and tomatoes
in it and ate one and a half tomatoes before we caught you!





No comments:

Post a Comment