Thursday, December 20, 2012

Baby blessings

On Saturday dear old friends blessed me and Little One with a sweet little brunch to love and support us in these final weeks of pregnancy. It was fantastic and now five days later, I still feel so loved from those couple of hours together. Holly Rae came in from WV, Molly came in from Bladensburg, all of us girls (and little Edmund and Baby Boy Redcay) together made for a most enjoyable Saturday morning.

As has become tradition in our circle of friends, a beaded bracelet was created for me to wear from now through labor and delivery. The words of strength and encouragement they wrote on cards and read to me as their beads were strung on the wire have given me a boost to press on. I so value this tiny bracelet and the significance it represents. Women who have gone before me either in motherhood, significant physical trials and tribulations, or their own personal valleys. We are united in a special way. I'm so richly blessed when it comes to good friends. 

This looks a little fuzzy. Clicking to enlarge should make it a bit better.

No comments:

Post a Comment